In an overwhelmingly chaotic world, Southern California based underwater fine art portrait artist Cheryl Walsh finds her inspiration in an atmosphere of peaceful solitude. In the depths of her underwater studio, she works with the quiet currents that slow down time, bring vibrancy to colors, and leave her subjects virtually weightless. The liquid atmosphere, invisible but ever present in the reflection on the water’s surface, is a mirroring of the duality that personifies life. Her underwater portrait fine art photography is described alternately as old-world painterly and photo-realistic, traditional and surreal. Combining the science of working underwater with the art of photography, she utilizes vintage and avant-garde fashion on dancers, models and clients to tell a deliberate story in each of her fine art series.
Cheryl maintains full control over all her fine art prints by printing them herself on her Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-4000 on Canson Infinity fine art papers in sizes up to 40x60 inch.
Along with her Southern California based Fine Art photography, Cheryl runs a successful High School Senior portrait business, AltSenior Photography.
• Winner of over 60 WPPI Print and Image Competition Awards,
- Including 11 Gold Award
- 10 First Place, 6 Second and 4 Third Place Awards
- International Portrait Image of the Year Award
- Winner of the coveted WPPI Grand Award 2016
- Double Master distinction from WPPI
• Winner Canon Camera International CPS Image of the Year Award
• Featured articles and cover of Rangefinder Magazine
• Featured artist in documentary LAaRT on PBS TV
• Named one of the top 11 Fine Art Portrait Photographers in the world by SIFPP The Society of International Fine Art Portrait Photographers
For inquires contact Cheryl@CherylWalshFineArt.com